Download this: Word | .PDF
President & CEO
Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce (NACC) is regarded as a one of the leading membership organizations in the Chicagoland area. More than 1,400 businesses from Naperville and the surrounding Western Suburbs comprise a distinguished membership, and the NACC prides itself on delivering current and leading-edge programming, business advocacy, education, and value-added services to them. The organization was recognized in 2006 and 2012 with the receipt of Five-Star Accreditation from the United States Chamber of Commerce, placing it in a small and elite class of Chambers in the United States to receive this coveted distinction.
More information about the organization is available at www.naperville.net.
The NACC is governed by a board of directors made up of 28 of the top leaders from a variety of business types, large and small, corporate and not-for-profit, from throughout the Naperville area. The President/CEO will work hand in hand with the board and a talented staff of 15 to craft and execute a clear and relevant vision for the future of the organization that will ensure the continued success and community engagement of the Chamber’s mission into 2020 and beyond.
The NACC is an organization with a history of success in the community. This is a highly visible position, as the CEO advocates for the Chamber members to many other organizations at the local, state and national levels.
We seek a new President who has demonstrated visionary leadership in an organization that has transitioned through rapid growth and change in business practices and processes. The position will require a strong marketing and revenue generation focus, followed by financial acumen and administrative operations skills. Additionally, the President will need superb advocacy skills coupled with a mindset for developing and maintaining strategic alliances and partnerships within the community.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree is a plus.
- A proven leader with ten-plus years of experience with increasing responsibilities and at least five years as a key leader within an organization who has;
- Led, directly or indirectly, strategic revenue growth and marketing efforts with positive, quantifiable results;
- Achieved revenue objectives and attained or exceeded annual budget plans;
- Spearheaded the successful implementation of strategic planning initiatives;
- Exhibited organizational leadership in business, Chamber of Commerce or other not-for-profit organization;
- A high degree of business acumen, understands financial concepts and is capable of managing the P&L, along with a track record of fiscal responsibility;
- Experience with and is comfortable handling advocacy issues with governmental agencies;
- A broad understanding of technology in the workplace and for the purpose of marketing to and engaging the next generation;
- Successfully engaged people collaboratively in mission;
- Demonstrated ability in leadership development of staff and volunteers;
- Experience with public speaking and media relations;
- A history of active community involvement and board leadership.
- A visionary leader and strategic thinker who is capable of leading and directing an organization through change and into the future;
- Positive and collaborative attitude demonstrating open-mindedness and emotional maturity;
- Values ethical integrity, honesty, transparency, and humility. Portrays servant leadership;
- Promotes diversity and is comfortable and capable of engaging broad demographics;
- Resilience and adaptability in leading through unexpected challenges and ambiguous situations;
- Drives for results by establishing organizational goals and delegating workload to direct reports;
- Self-awareness demonstrated by accurately defining strengths and candid disclosure of developmental areas;
- Ability to build consensus, places great value on people, able to motivate and develop them into a cohesive team. Firm, but compassionate;
- Is visible, personable, and approachable, persuades and influences through gaining trust and credibility;
- Organized, communicates clearly, effectively, articulately;
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills;
- Possesses common sense, foresight, political savvy, and wisdom.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter, current resume and three references to: Dr. Cathy Subber, Chair, Search Committee, email@example.com. Application materials received prior to Friday, August 31, 2012 will receive priority review.