Online Registration is now closed. Please feel free to attend as a walk-in.
On Oct. 25, the Chamber and Calamos Investments will co-host the 2013 Regional Economic Forecast. Now re-formulated as a panel discussion, this event provides Members with an opportunity to interact with experts from the community and hear their insight for what to expect in the coming year. Our experts will help you create a business plan that is flexible and strong enough to face any number of outcomes.
“Of the hundreds of events we host every year, the Regional Economic Forecast is the most practical and useful to you in planning your business for the next several months,” said Tami Andrew, interim president & CEO of the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce. “Attend this briefing, get your questions answered and give yourself a competitive advantage over your peers.”
This year’s forecast is especially crucial, as the election follows only days after. With such uncertainty and the looming fiscal cliff, this benefit to Members serves as an invaluable resource to both educate yourself and plan for any and all contingencies regardless of the outcome of the election.
This interactive event will allow you to ask the questions most important to you and your business and receive expert advice and information. There is no other Chamber event quite like this, as it incorporates all aspects of business including policy, government and the economy, providing you with a leg-up on the competition for how to face 2013 head on.
This year’s panel includes experts are:
- John P. Calamos Sr., chairman, CEO and co-CIO of Calamos Investments;
- Dr. Michael S. Miller, associate professor of economics at DePaul University in Chicago; and
- Ben Taylor, executive director - Great Lakes Regional Office, Congressional and Public Affairs for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Stephen Maynard Caliendo, the head of North Central College’s political science department, will serve as event moderator.
This year’s Regional Economic Forecast will take place at Hotel Arista from 7:00-9:00 a.m. The cost is $49 for Members and $59 for nonmembers. To register, visit Naperville.net or call 630-355-4141.
- 7 a.m. – Buffet breakfast and registration opens
- 7:30 a.m. – Opening remarks from Tami Andrew, Interim President & CEO
- 7:35 a.m. – Welcome and speaker introduction from Jim Spangler, Vice President, Chief Communications Officer, Navistar
- 7:40 a.m. – Moderated panel discussion
- 8:30 a.m. – Questions from the audience
- 8:45 a.m. – Closing remarks