- Gain an understanding of the implications and issues associated with carbon pricing and other potential climate actions
- Learn how carbon pricing policies outside of the U.S. are impacting companies and the competitiveness of the economies in which they operate
- Explore the extent to which and how businesses weigh potential risks and opportunities of climate change
- Assess the impacts of explicit (e.g., carbon tax or cap and trade) and implicit (e.g., regulation) carbon price mechanisms
- Promote a solutions-focused dialogue among companies and sectors
As we look to become more actively involved in the climate issues, we want to underscore commitment to climate actions in our membership. Chairman’s Circle Chamber Member, BP, who is a major player in the energy arena internationally, operates their U.S. technology hub, where scientists and engineers test innovative ideas and share their results worldwide in Naperville.
Furthermore, Executive Premier member, IKEA, is aggressively involved in sustainability efforts as a corporation overall as well as their work at their local Bolingbrook store which operates with 43% renewable energy use through their rooftop solar panels and IKEA’s investment in wind turbines, etc.
Stay tuned as the NACC unifies the voice of our local members and city government and provides a valuable exchange of information between local and federal climate initiatives . If you have an interest becoming more involved with the climate conversations, please contact me at email@example.com or (630) 544-3387.