- I wish for each of you to continue reaching for your goals. Whether you’re a small business or working your way up the corporate ladder, or looking to secure that next investor, it’s hard, really hard. Never lose that passion and if you do, a personal /professional inventory check is in order. One of my biggest motivations to come to work every day is knowing that my team and I have an opportunity to assist each of you to move closer to your goals. We’re here, just ask!
- I wish Chambers wouldn’t be viewed as simply a networking organization. It’s so much more than that. Quick, how would you describe the Chamber in 30 seconds or less to someone who is not familiar with our Chamber? Let me help, “The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce is more than just a networking organization, we build relationships which builds trust and ultimately builds business. We’re a thinking organization and continue to find ways to add value to your journey as a business professional.” We just reached our goal of raising 250,000.00 so that we can update our technology to offer better services. We are YOUR business resource. Tell us what you need, and we’ll do our best to fulfill that need.
- I wish every Member would remember their fellow Chamber Members when they shop, dine or seek a service. If you joined the Chamber to get business, (which I suspect most of you did), pass it on to other chamber Members who are also looking to grow their business. Imagine the impact we could have if we held tight to “Shop Chamber.” We could be a powerhouse of an organization.
- I wish more Members would realize the value of engagement. I know time is in short supply, but just pick one thing to get involved in. If you don’t’ know where to start, ask someone on our team, we stand ready to assist. If you’re an introvert and hate the idea of walking in to a room of people you don’t know, check out our Networking 101 which will help. Reach out to Jessica Hall to learn more (firstname.lastname@example.org) There are many other opportunities and I’m happy to discuss them with you.
- I wish more Members would share their great stories of success and challenge. There are literally hundreds of great stories that our Members have shared. The challenge of growth, the complication that can come with success. But the Chamber is YOUR resource to help you through those challenges and to guide your success. Remember, we’re all here for the same reason, to support our businesses and our community. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- I wish more Members would realize the passion our team has for your success. Our team comes to work every single day committed to doing everything that will positively impact your business. We all know that every decision we make hinges on the fact that it will be in the best interest of you, our Members. We might not always get it right, but we work every day to do our best. YOU are the reason we come to work every day, YOU are the reason that we work so diligently to create better opportunities within the Chamber. We are grateful for your commitment to the Chamber, and the community. Our chamber is rich in blessings and we count you, our Members as the biggest one of all.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.