Moving to experience a different lifestyle, closer to family, or into 2nd home...
Moving to a home with a smaller footprint and/or first floor master bedroom...
Moving to a home with reduced maintenance requirements like a condo, town-home, or community...
Getting all of the clutter OUT of your home and life and choosing to love your existing home again! That could even include a renovation project, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen.
Whatever your take on Smart Sizing is, the most important question you need to ask yourself is “What type of life style do I want to live?” From there we can determine how we are going to advise you on Smart Sizing.
Making the Decision to Move:
If you have the opportunity, take it slow, otherwise we can work at any speed. You will always get top dollar selling if we plan it right. Sometimes we work with clients a year in advance on preparing themselves to move. Some clients have lived in their homes 20+ years and need time and assistance clearing it of all their amazing memories.
3. Would minor renovations have a significant impact on the selling price of your home?
4. De-cluttering and Packing
Staying where you are and organizing your life:
Enlist help from professional organizers, a friend, or family members. It can be emotionally and physically draining to do this by yourself! Start room by room and don't move on until each space is completely finished. It can be SO easy to move onto other rooms looking for little projects and not be complete a room you already started - but soon your whole house ends up in chaos and you start feeling overwhelmed!
If you are staying in your home, this is your opportunity to change pillows, wall colors, furniture or lighting. Use this as your chance to start with a clean slate and re-fresh your home and your life!
1. Determine which room you are going to start with. Make sure you look in every drawer, closet, under the bed - wherever something may be stored!
2. Make 3 distinct piles...Items staying in the room, being donated to charity, and leaving the house
3. Clean out the dust bunnies once you have everything emptied
4. Clear out your three piles – Drop off your donation pile, or schedule a pick-up. Take the items you are storing to their long-term location, and re-organize the remaining items you are keeping in the room.
Finally, with the holidays around the corner, pull out ALL of your decorations. Whatever ones you don't put up, donate or give them away at a white elephant party, but don't store them for another year!
Keller Williams Realty Infinity