According to legendary football coach Vince Lombardi, “leaders aren’t born, they are made.” Are you looking to refresh your own leadership identity or develop a leader in your organization?
The NACC has so many opportunities to help support the leaders in your organization– whether existing or emerging – and we want you to take full advantage of these diverse offerings. With plenty of relevant focal points, Committees are an exceptional way to engage with the Chamber while exercising active listening, sharing clear messages and complex ideas, and inspiring and empathizing with others – all qualities of in-demand workplace leaders. If you are looking for a way to get a little closer to the Chamber while flexing your leadership muscle, a Committee offers an ideal fit. This month, I would like to encourage members to bolster their leadership skills by sincerely considering participation in one of the many NACC Committees.
The various committees as outlined on our NACC homepage, are:
- Ambassadors: Assist with Chamber events, ribbon cuttings (they’re on the rise!), membership campaigns, and welcoming our many (about 20/month) new Members.
- Business Works Committee: A catalyst for individuals looking to dive deeper into local, regional, state, and federal business issues and examine policy to propel business forward.
- Commercial Real Estate Professionals Network: The preeminent business networking organization dedicated to advancing the education and achievements of chamber professionals in commercial real estate.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee: Makes issues that impact the community, the region, or our world a matter of business priority.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee: Makes inclusion, respect, and diversity inside the workplace or community an approachable, responsible, and manageable way of doing business.
- Not-For-Profit Network: Comes together to identify and address the unique needs of ‘NFP’ businesses, as well as discovers ways of sharing experiences and information, as they relate to Naperville’s business community.
- Small Business Owners Committee: Grants the attention small business owners seek through this valuable resource for education, connection, and development.
- Speakers Bureau: Made up of a group of professional speakers who share a wide variety of topics to help Chamber Members and the community grow, both personally and professionally.
- Student Advisory Boards
- High School Advisory Board: Establishing a foundation of leadership early to take into higher education, while also developing confidence inside the business community through valuable lifelong connections
- College Advisory Board: Instituting a connection between student colleges and universities that fosters mentorship between the Chamber of Commerce and our business community.
- Women in Business: Through dynamic speakers, engaging dialogue, and networking opportunities, programs strive to empower today’s professional women.
- Young Professionals Network: Fondly referred to as “YPN”, this committee is comprised of next-generation leaders who want to impact the community and work together to contribute to the growth of the region.
Joining a committee is as easy as reaching out to your NACC Chamber staff and expressing interest. We will gladly connect you with the key players to get you involved.
Vince Lombardi also said, “individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.”