Inside Naperville Series!
Transforming talented business professionals into engaged community leaders.
Participation in this 6-week Signature Professional Development Series and certification program serves to develop participants’ knowledge and skills to work together, have a meaningful impact, and find common ground to address community challenges and opportunities.
Community Member: $450
Learn from Naperville’s influencers and public officials. Hear Naperville’s history. Engage in face-to-face conversations with prominent community business leaders. Explore economic development in our community. Meet members of local government. Learn how to be a voice in your community.
Additionally, participants gain:
- Awareness of the Naperville community and how to get involved
- Education on the issues, opportunities, strengths, and needs of the community
- Tools to become an emerging leader that will guide the community into the future
- Skills to help motivate civic engagement of community members
Inside Naperville Series! Program Outline
October 4th | Session 1: Community Health
Hear from our prominent hospital and health institution staff about health trends and developments in the community.
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Colin Dalough, Manager of Community and Government Relations, Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Yvette Saba, President, Edward-Elmhurst Health Naperville
- Gina Sharp, President & CEO of Linden Oaks Behavioral Health
- Trish Fairbanks, Chief Nursing Officer, Edward-Elmhurst Health
October 11th | Session 2: Community Protection + Wellness
Learn about available wellness programs and services from some of our community facility leaders, as well as protection plans put in place to protect and serve our community from the Naperville Fire Department and Naperville Police Department.
Location: Alfred Rubin Riverwalk Center
- Nina Menis, KidsMatter
- Brad Wilson, Naperville Park District
- Philip Giannattasio, Fire Chief
- Jason Arres, Chief of Police
October 18th | Session 3: History of Naperville
Embark on a journey through time as we learn about Naperville’s history and how it affects Naperville’s thriving economy today. Complete with a full tour of Naper Settlement’s archives.
Location: Naper Settlement
- Macarena (Rena) Tamayo-Calabrese, President & CEO
- Harriet Pistorio, Chief Operating Officer
- Donna Sack, Vice President & Chief Program Officer
- Jeanne Schultz-Angel, Assistant Vice President
- Jackie Maronic, Senior Team Leader of Learning Experiences
- Christine McNulty, Chief Curator
October 25th | Session 4: Local Government
Learn about the inner workings of Naperville’s local Government from our esteemed panel of Naperville’s Mayor and other movers and shakers that move policies forward in our community.
Location: City Council Chambers
- Scott Wherli, Mayor of the City of Naperville
- Doug Krieger, Naperville’s City Manager
- Michele Clemen, NACC Business Works Committee Chair
November 1st | Session 5: Community Volunteerism + Leadership
Location: Little Friends, Warrenville
- Jason Altenbern, Vice President of Agency Advancement, Little Friends
- Adrian Aldrich, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, North Central College & NACC Board President
- Eric Gardner, Director of Philanthropy, Loaves & Fishes
- Jeremy Gudauskas, Principal Consultant, Mission Impact
November 8th | Session 6: Economic Development
Location: Naperville Development Partnership
Sponsorship & involvement opportunities are diverse & customizable throughout this exclusive 6-week program.