Just as a strong heart is vital for our well-being, the health of our business community plays a pivotal role in strengthening our entire community. February is American Heart Month, and we encourage you not only to prioritize your heart health but also to empower your business with essential tools as the collective health of Naperville’s business community strengthens us all.
In recognition of the fact that heart disease remains the number one leading cause of death for women, our Women in Business Committee initiated the Chamber Goes Red event in February 2020. This annual gathering encourages attendees to wear red to raise awareness about heart disease and is proudly sponsored by Endeavor Health. The event offers valuable networking opportunities and essential information about heart health. It’s open to everyone, regardless of gender or chamber membership. Join us to make meaningful connections and gain insights on how to best equip yourself and your heart for a path of continued strength.
Cardiac emergencies can strike suddenly, and having an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on hand can make a life-or-death difference. A coalition of community organizations in Naperville is launching a comprehensive public awareness campaign to address this critical need.
The Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce (NACC), in collaboration with the Naperville Fire Department, the Naperville Citizens Appreciate Public Safety (CAPS) organization, and the Rotary Club of Naperville, has officially launched the “Make Naperville a Cardiac Conscious Community” campaign. The Naperville City Council recognized this initiative on January 16. Our primary objectives are to improve the accessibility of AEDs in local businesses and raise awareness about their life-saving potential.
Why Businesses Should Engage
Businesses play a crucial role in this campaign for several reasons:
- Employee Well-being: AEDs in workplaces prioritize employee well-being, providing a sense of security.
- Customer/Client Safety: Businesses committed to safety build a positive reputation, ensuring a secure environment.
- Meeting Regulatory Compliance: AEDs and training help businesses adhere to safety regulations, reducing legal risks.
- Reduced Disruption: Preparedness for emergencies ensures business continuity.
- Enhanced Reputation: Prioritizing safety enhances a business’s standing in the community.
- Attracting and Retaining Talent: Employee safety initiatives attract and retain top-notch talent.
By working together, businesses can educate their staff, be well-prepared, and collectively contribute to the well-being of our “heartfelt” community. We firmly believe that the business community can lead the way in ensuring that the “heart” of our entire community remains resilient and robust.